Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!



A tough year, probably the hardest there will be- maybe because I wasn't anticipating the emotions, since it seems everyone talks about the holidays being the hardest. It is the little things that make me miss my Mom the most, and honestly, I don't really want that ever to go away, as hard as it is. In any case, there were some tears, but we were able to spend time with my Dad while he was down, and then Scott and Norah took me out to Texas Roadhouse.
On another note, Minneapolis Parks celebrated Arbor Day, which the celebration just happened to be on May 9th, Norah's birthday, and Jefferson Community School planted a tree in honor of Mom. It was so fitting, since she loved her students so much as well as the outdoors. Sandy was able to go, and participated in the ceremony. She said it was so nice, there were students there of Mom's and lots of teachers. The principal, Ray, had some nice words to say about Mom, and there was also a song. I posted all of the pics on the Picasa page. It brings tears to my eyes, knowing how our Mom touched so many people. Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

No comments: