Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baby Maya update






This is our most recent ultrasound of Maya- it was back on January 5th. It is a level 3 ultrasound, due to the fact that Maya was turned originally in such a way that wouldn't let the tech get a view of her heart.
I had another visit to the Dr's office today- it turns out that my blood pressure was a little elevated (only 120/80- but my baseline is much lower) and there was some protein in my urine- both indicating the start of preeclampsia, or pregnancy induced hypertension. This is a common thing with those Moms that have G.D. aka- gestational diabetes (which I also have.) Luckily, so far, I have been able to control the g.d. pretty easily, just cutting out my juices, caffeine free soda, and daily decaf Starbucks... also most snacks have turned from yogurt to cottage cheese, and veggies...etc.

I am 31 weeks and a few days, and in any case, starting next week, I see the Dr's weekly. I also start the twice weekly testing- one time a week I go in for the Non-Stress Test and the other time during the week I go in for a BioPhysical Profile. These tests were ordered due to Norah's entrance into the world with her hydrops fetalis and possible diagnosis of Intra-Uterine Growth Restriction. Also, there will be some doppler ultrasounds done, checking the blood flow through Maya's heart and her circulation... Sounds like a lot of scary tests, but so thankful that Maya will be watched very closely. Scott and I have put our full trust in this medical group, knowing that they know and understand fetal medicine, and will help us bring a healthy baby into our family. We will keep you all posted!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Wow! You guys have a lot going on too! I'm glad they are keeping such a good eye on you and Maya. We're praying for a safe and healthy delivery!

Moose, Kristy, Payton, Logan,and Jackson