Thursday, April 9, 2009

Welcome Maya!









I woke up this morning EARLY (4:25 am) to my water being broken- almost TMI, sorry-
Called Scott, because he was working, and he was home within 2 minutes...Had no contractions, just running frantically around the house to make sure all of the bags were packed, etc. Dropped Norah off at the Wards'- our old neighboors and good friends that spoil Norah rotten...We were at the hospital by 6, they verified that it was my water that had broke, and we just had to wait for the Dr for the day to fir me into the surgery schedule, since it wasn't an emergency. All vitals, mine and Maya's looked good, throughout the day, so all we had to do was sit and wait. I hadn't eaten since 9 pm the night before, so I was absolutely starving by the time 2pm came around. Anyways, the C-Section went well- Maya came out crying- alot- and kicking her legs all over the place- she was a beautiful shade of pink, too. I looked up at Scott and the tears started flowing- this hadn't been an easy pregnancy for me, and remembering back to Norah's birth, we were praying hard that this one would be a lot different. Scott went over to the nursery where they took Maya- came back a few times to report that she was doing really well, Apgar's were good, and that they were giving her a bath...
Here are some pics- enjoy!

No comments: