Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Having A Moment

So many times, I have wanted to talk to my Mom - to share with her my joys, frustrations, accomplishments, funny things the kids do and say, my tough days, and my good ones, too. It's tough to lose a parent, and I hope that my children don't experience that for a really, really long time. There have been times I have been caught off guard, and I just lose it. I want my Mom, and I hate Cancer more than ever. Norah has seen me cry, but I'm not sure she totally understands the concept of death - how could she, she barely turned 6. But she does ask, when I am crying, if it is because I miss my Mom, and then she offers me a great big hug. She recognizes Grandma Sharon in pictures, and knows she got sick. She also knows we walked for cancer in April at the Relay for Life event. Anyways, I thought it would be a good opportunity to take her with me to the cemetary. Not sure if it helped, time will tell. But we had some good moments together.







1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh Carrie, thinking of you. It's good for your kids to see you missing your mom. Angela